HHS Behavior Expectations:
Respect people and property
Integrity and honor
Dedicate yourself to learning
This week’s root is ad--to, toward; near, next to
M adequate (adj) equal to what is required
Tu adjective (n) a part of speech that is added to or near a noun
W admire (v) to regard with wonder, pleasure or approval
Th admonish (v) to advise or warn
F advertise (v) to take notice of; to turn toward
Congratulations to our October Teacher of the Month, Mrs. Lainey Hodge. This is Mrs. Hodge's second year at Haughton. She came to us from Minden High School where she taught math, and is certified in high school math and biology. Some little known facts about Mrs. Hodge are:
- She is a certified SCUBA diver.
- The thing she misses most about being a teenager is playing soccer and softball.
- When she has free time she enjoys taking her German Shepherd Maverick for walks. (Although he weighs 100 lbs. so she is not sure who is really being walked.)
- What she likes most about teaching at Haughton is the school spirit.
- The best teaching advice she ever received is to remember that every child comes from a different home.
- Her favorite food fix is SUSHI!
- Her favorite quote is, "Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done whether you like it or not." - Thomas Henry Huxley